CureZone   Log On   Join
Vitamin D done right. Anyone???

HelpForAllofUS Views: 9,584
Published: 11 years ago

Vitamin D done right. Anyone???

I have done some research and in the few hours I've spent. I have yet to find many success stories. I see lots of websites stating that Vitamin D needed for this and that and it's more of a steroid hormone than a vitamin, effecting FAR more body systems than we realized 15 years ago.

Many of us struggle for years with multiple problems, sometimes low grade: adrenals, thyroid, candida, parasites and through all manner of supplements, interventions and most importantly diet and lifestyle change, manage to improve slowly or at least manage to manage.

Most of us would agree that vitamin D deficiency is common and that seasonal sun exposure is not adequate for most people, based on modern living and working environments.

Yet because of cost and inconvenience I bet most have not paid the 80 dollars, had the blood work done (multiple times), adjust dose, and retest periodically.

This is the road I'm about to go down. So what I ask is this: who has done this? How did it end? Basically if you are one of those people with a long list (such as above: adrenals, thyroid, candida, parasites, blood Sugar not stable enough, food allergy ); was the correction of vitamin d enough in the end to simply say, " yes I feel alot better, I function much better, my sense of vitality is restored"

Again, I ask these questions because when you read the research of its far-reaching implications for example: Bone health, cancer risk, immune health, weight loss, diabetes risk, flu, heart attack, antimicrobial and anti inflammation, you expect to find real life stories of people that have been helped by correcting the problem (50-70 ng/ml I consider corrected). Not only, are the success stories lack or maybe I just haven't found them yet. But what I did find was people having trouble getting their levels up? Why? liver function? kidney? poor absorption?
mis-labled product potency?

Please take a look at the following charts which I compliled
//www.curezone.org/ig/i.asp?i=64055

The following comments (right side) are my own:

A person with Vit D level 16 is
2.5 times more likely to die in
the next 10 years than they person
at vitamin d level of 40

50-70 is the ideal range

Perhaps if they get to 70, then
the benefit is even greater

Dose/Response (varies wildly person to person, but...)
At 10,000iu
starting at value 28 it took
about 3 weeks to get to low side of
normal and about 6 weeks to
get to high side of normal

AT 5000iu
It took 6 weeks to get to normal
Never did get to high side normal

1000IU
Barely enough to maintatin Vit D levels
constant

No supplementation:

drops 6 points every 5.3 months or about
9 points every winter

This means you could be at 50, and
within 5 years deplete ALL of your vit D

The charts themselves taken from here:
http://www.vitamindwiki.com/file72&sort_mode=created_desc

------------------------------------------------------

Peronally, I'm at day 36 taking 7000 IU per day, so possibly I should be near the 50 ng/ml (low end of optimal) and I do feel better for it. I started at 21 ng/ml 36 days ago, and have NOT tested since, but will be soon. I really want to get to 65 to be like a life guard in Florida. Just wondering how this is going to end. I would like to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Before you answer think to yourself, am I writing this because I think it should work, or is this what Vitamin D has done for me? Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.207 sec, (2)