CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: None of this post makes any sense

jacobsmail Views: 32,312
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 662,017

Re: None of this post makes any sense

This is a very old thread, but I will post anyway.

Although in very good health, I have been averaging some 3-5 tablespoons of Coconut oil daily for the past couple months. Before that, the coconut oil was an on/off affair. My recent increase and diligence in coconut oil consumption has been going on for some 3-4 months (ever since T.Joe got in that great Virgin Expeller Pressed Philippine Coconut Oil for only $5.99 per 16 oz jar).

During the past four months, my blood tests (Dr. is monitoring for my blood pressure meds) have shown a remarkable increase in AST/ALT, markers of high liver fat/trigliceride storage levels. We are talking about a three month double to 47/79, respectively. All other blood test results are are normal range. High levels on these two test results are commonly considered potential indicators for fatty liver, or high fat storage in the liver.

I am taking a break from Coconut Oil for a couple weeks until the next blood test and will report at that time. Could be something else, but I am starting with the Coconut Oil. From what I have read, especially around Paleo sites, some people respond differently to high levels of SFA's than others, with higher protein and SFA consumption, including coconut oil, causing an increase in both LDL and HDL. I could be one of those 20% or so because when I add more carbos to my diet, the cholesterol comes down.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)