CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Recurring Bartholin's cyst/abscess

mae920 Views: 78,507
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,962,346

Re: Recurring Bartholin's cyst/abscess

I had one of these back in 1990 and it was the worst my doctor had ever seen. He was world famous and one of the "quad squad" doctors who did multiple births and had women coming from Europe to see him, he was that good. He told me that these will most likely come back again if you only get it lanced and drained because the cyst is like a honeycomb and each time you get them they expand backwards into the skin with more cells and layers. Mine was 6 inches deep by the time it got painful and I had to have emergency surgery because the pain was horrible. They put 22 ft of gauze tape inside of me because they have to cut each honeycomb cell by cell layer by layer because they contain pus. Yes it is painful and I at percondan like baby aspirin but when it healed, I knew it would never come back. He used the silver nitrate to burn the end also. The unfortunate thing is that he said although that one would never come back, we have an identical gland on the other side and that can get one someday.

Well, unfortunately that day has come for me but I'm going to have the surgery again. I got a bump (I thought) and had my boyfriend look at it, there was no head on it and then it dawned on me today to have him look again and see if he could find a small scar on the other side. He said it was directly across from the new pimple which meant the worst. I don't have insurance but I am not going through this again.

The best thing you can do to prevent these is to not wear tight fitting underwear or pants during extremely hot weather, not have rough sex as these are the most common causes of this. I've never tried any of the remedies since mine was the worst and had to be marsupialized immediately. I'd fix it permanently if I were you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)