CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Recurring Bartholin's cyst/abscess

wlin Views: 79,361
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,034,385

Re: Recurring Bartholin's cyst/abscess

My wife has had a bartholin cyst for two years. It was drained 4 times, and a marsupialization was done within the last year. We tried home remedies like one of the ones listed in this thread. For years I have looked for some positive information on getting rid of this pest. After she was cut up, the doctor mentioned that next time she wold remove the gland, but since my wife was 6 months pregnant at the time, they would not do that intense of an operation until after the baby was delivered. The last thing we want is the gland to be removed. In most cases when a gland is removed the cyst will appear on the other side. After the marsupialization ( no anesthesia, so painful), the cyst came back just three weeks later. Dry sex can irritate the bartholin gland, so doctors recommend to use some type of lubricant when having sex, no extreme work out (like stair masters or sprinting). Doctors also recommend sitz baths with some additive added like epsom salt. Obviously this will not work, since Epsom Salt with heal any damaged tissue. This is not what you want to happen. The tissue needs to get soft in order for the contents of the cyst to ooze out. You would not believe that after 2 years of trying nearly everything, the simplest of things got rid of this cyst. All my wife did, was for two week, she sat in a warm sitz bath, or tub with water high enough to cover the infected area, for an hour (JUST Warm Water, nothing else). She did this once in the morning and once at night before bed. We watched the cyst get smaller an smaller, until it went away, 10 days later. Now after having sex she will sit in a bath for an hour, to keep the skin around the gland soft, so it can breath properly. So, please don't try any of these silly remedies, because they don't work. All you need is to be consistent about that bath, and put off your partner until you see the cyst go away.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.230 sec, (1)