CureZone   Log On   Join
Has anyone's AF improved by sleeping before 10 pm?

Views: 10,293
Published: 13 y

Has anyone's AF improved by sleeping before 10 pm?

Was reading Dr. Lam's recommendation for people with Adrenal fatigue to get to sleep by 10 pm:

"Sleep. The most important is to have enough rest. It is important to go to sleep by 10 p.m. every night. Why? This is because our adrenal glands kick in for a "second wind" to keep us going from 11 pm to 1 am. This puts tremendous stress on the adrenals. When we rest early, our adrenals are fully rested and the high gear is avoided. Between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m., our adrenals work the hardest to repair the body. We should also try to sleep in until 8:30 a.m. or 9: 00 a.m. if possible. This is because our cortisol level rises to its peak from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. in order to wake us up and get us going for the day."
http://www.drlam.com/articles/adrenal_fatigue.asp?page=3

Has anyone with AF been able to get to sleep before 10 am and has it dramatically helped?

I know bad sleeping patterns have contributed to my AF. I used to have insomnia and my trick to sleep is to be active until about 1-2 am when I stated usually getting really tired. I usually fall asleep around 2-2:30 am. Sometimes I don't feel tired until around 3-3:30 am. I've always been more of a night-owl and I don't take any sleep aids.

To couple my sleep problems, I have bad hypoglycemia, so I usually have to eat a some-what heavy meal right before bed or else I'll just have to get up in a couple of hours to have to eat again. Then my body usually wakes me up around 6-8 am because my blood Sugar is low and I have to get up right away and eat even though I'm exhausted. Then I usually have to go take a nap afterwards from being so tired, so I really don't fully wake up until around 11 am to noon. On a good night I'll sleep until 9-9:30 am, depending how well my blood Sugar was balanced before going to bed.

So I always wake up exhausted because 1) I have to eat a relatively large meal before going to bed, which I know zaps my body's energy, and 2) my blood Sugar drops before being able to get enough sleep. I'm definitely burning both ends of my candle which can't be good for my adrenals.

I tried to start going to bed at around 10 pm tonight, but obviously it didn't work too well because I'm typing to you all right now! I'm going to keep at it though.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.095 sec, (2)