CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anybody's hypo worse after eating wheat/dairy?

prettysoulful Views: 14,133
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 17,298

Re: Anybody's hypo worse after eating wheat/dairy?

While it is true that many celiacs are allergic to MSG, many Mono-Sodium-Glutamat (Natrium Glutamat) products are made from gluten-rich foods, like wheat. Also, many more people than celiacs react to MSG, and many celiacs don't react to MSG. I believe it is also a little simplistic to state that celiac is a 'scam' because some celiacs are allergic to MSG. Casein has a similar structure to gluten, and often produces a similar reaction in the body. I am allergic to casein, but does that mean that I can make the blanket statement that celiac is caused by casein? That would be a lazy theory as well. I personally believe that celiac sprue is quite complicated, and that gluten may just be the most easily explained cause, but to state that Mono-Sodium-Glutamat (Natrium Glutamat) causes celiac is an unfounded statement.

I do agree that Mono-Sodium-Glutamat (Natrium Glutamat) has many negative affects on the body, in digestion as well as brain and glandular activity. I discourage the use of MSG in foods, and limit it in my own diet. But making the blanket statement that MSG is the cause of all ills is like stating that salt is bad for you. Quantity, and frequency of use all have a part to play in how the body reacts to exposure. For some there is zero tolerance, for others it may be more. Even as a celiac, I don't believe that no person on earth should eat wheat. But I do believe that people should be aware of the presence of wheat/gluten in each food they eat from day to day, and that variety in the diet should be encouraged.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)