CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How much longer?

darlasue Views: 53,107
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,704,394

Re: How much longer?

My 15 year old daughter had Acne for 3 years. About 18 months into it, she developed severe "dandruff", followed by substantial hair loss.

I spent thousands on "acne" products before I stumbled upon demodex and started figuring out what was really going on.

Long story short - We did a lot of crap that didn't work and a few things that did. Here's what worked for us:

Raising the ph. She takes baking soda in the a.m. and p.m. and we monitor her ph. As soon as we got her to 7+, we saw immediate improvement in her face and scalp.

About a month later, we started drinking borax water - 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per liter of water. You cannot taste the borax at all, just a very slight texture change to the water. After the first day, we didn't notice it at all. We saw immediate improvement with this also. (If this makes you nervous, visit earthclinic where you can read all about it.)

Based on other's experience, we added sea buckthorn oil along the way. I didn't see a noticable improvement, but we have continued just in case. We couldn't afford the expensive stuff continually, so we switched to a product labeled Omega 7 from Swanson which costs a lot less. She is currently taking 4 a day.

Last week we started taking Allimax, a product from the stabilized allicin. My daughter's face had already improved about 80% with the baking soda, borax water and Omega 7, but we saw an absolute improvement the morning following her very first dose of allimax. She is taking 2 per day.

If your hair/scalp is in the severe stage (where we started) use Ted's (earthclinic) recipe for demodectic mange first. It will put a halt to the severe itching and flaking.

All we have left to deal with is the hair loss. It seems to have slowed a little, but she is definitely still shedding...way too much. I'm currently doing more research to try and eradicate this last symptom. Before she goes bald.

All mainstream info says these mites can't jump from dog to human, but I say bullsh*t. My male dog definitely has/had demodex and I am certain the problem started with him.

I'm theorizing that they are involved with heartworm, which he has just been dx'd with.

We have been through hell with this stuff and I hope our recent success can help someone else who is struggling.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)