CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My Thoughts

wombat Views: 2,990
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,646,495

Re: My Thoughts

How did you know that it is a him? It IS a him. We have a pair of jays nesting in the honeysuckle that grows up our porch, they have three chicks:)

They're already half tame as evidenced by the fact that they chose to nest in an area that we frequent:) Of course, when we actually look at the nest, momma bird is as still as a statue, she thinks that we can't see her if she does not move.

Papabird follows my husband everywhere, looking for bugs hubbie may have dug up while gardening.

Jays are extremely intelligent, they're mischievous, they're rabble-rousers, they can be complete brats.

We're just training dad to come with a call right now, we have a special sound we make, a clicking sound. When he comes, we put almonds on the railing, he takes them and stashes them(he does not care for pecans:).

And, at some point, he'll have to take them from our hands...he will come within three feet or so now.

So, we're just training him to trust us.

We also have four adorable skunks that live under the tack room:) And a black widow in the pumphouse... toads in the garden and snakes in the grass. BWA-HA-Ha-haaaaaa

All animals welcome here:) Not having a dog helps with that, dogs drive off a lot of native wildlife...

As for the other stuff? Yes. yes, yes...

I don't know what to actually "do" besides talk about it though. We live as low an impact lifestyle as possible re: Grz' post.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)