CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Can the water itself perforate?

valerie_cct Views: 15,944
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 143,381

Re: Can the water itself perforate?

Hi again Kats, there is virtually no chance of your colon perforating or bursting with a full bag (2 quarts) enema. Even double that won't do it unless you have some serious colon structural deficiency that you would likely be aware of. On this Curezone forum people have posted how they take 4 quart enemas.

When I take an enema myself, I almost always manage to take the full 2 quart bag with little or no discomfort. If your colon is essentially clean, this is pretty much the norm. It's only when you are filled with waste that it becomes somewhat uncomfortable because there isn't enough room in there for the waste and the water at the same time.

If you hang the bag no more that 18 inches to 2 feet above the level of your hips, and clamp off the shutoff for a minute or so if you begin to cramp, and resume after it subsides, you can be assured of a safe and reasonably comfortable enema. You don't have to take the full bag. When you reach your limit, evacuate, and either start over after a short rest, or wait until the next day.

As far as the price you are paying for colonics, it may not out of line. I'm in the US, and if a Pound is equal to USD $1.75, then if you are in London, $95 or $100 USD is similar to what you can expect in NYC and other major cities.

In other parts of the US where there are more colon therapists and more competition, such as in Florida, a colonic is more typically in the $60 to $80 range.

But even that is higher than the majority of people can afford to do on a regular basis, and that's why I encourage my clients to help themselves at home by using enemas when they need a cleanse but just can't afford to go in for a colonic.

My experience is that using enemas at home doesn't discourage clients from coming in for a colonic, it has the opposite effect. It encourages them to take control on their own, either when their therapist is too distant to be convenient, or they can't afford it at the moment.

I know I am in the minority of colon therapists on the issue of home enemas, but rather than detering them from coming in for colonics, I think it helps keep them focused on the importance of keeping their colon clean, and they realize that periodic colonics provide a much more effective and thorough cleanse than they can accomplish at home.

And there is another factor that plays a role, and it's that many clients find the colonic procedure relaxing and refreshing and like the fact that the therapist does all the work. There is no preparation andno cleanup, they just come in, lie back and relax.

A case in point is a woman I treated last week who comes in a few times a year and was pretty blocked up. She told me she'd love to be able to take an enema any time she had a headache or was having trouble moving her bowels, but she said that with her young children at home (8 month old twins, a 3 yr old, and a 4 1/2 yr old), she just can't find an hour when she can disappear and do an enema.

Her husband travels a lot in his business and often gets home late, and teases her about her enemas and colonics, and is not all that open to taking the kids off her hands, so she said she treasures her quiet private colonic time on the table. It's worth the extra cost of the babysitter she says.

So use your best judgment and decide on the best course for your particular situation, and one that you are comfortable with.

All my best,

Valerie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)