CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My side of the story

Views: 3,791
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,262,198

Re: My side of the story

Chances are that if you break up, neither of you will ever find happiness as much as you had being together and having two children, unless the other person is alcoholic, evil, drug-addicted, neurotic or whatever and cannot help physically assaulting, in which case one needs to be away, to prevent powerful negative impressions from being imprinted in the children's minds. Many times I pondered leaving my wife for various reasons, but statistical evidence shows that people who get divorced, when asked later in life, say they should have stayed with their first spouse upon reflection. Certainly not true for all cases, but the vast majority, at least the statistics say. Had I left my family, it would have been to make myself happier, or so I thought. What stopped me mostly was the selfishness aspect. It would not have been fair to make four people sad, just so that one could be happy. Children need both parents. I don't care who says what about their parents were divorced or whatever, divorce damages children, period end of story. Sounds like some anger-management exercises might be in order, although my wife did open her mouth foolishly once to me, but that was 15 years ago. Growing pains resulted, but were short-lived. If a family doesn't have growing pains, maybe it isn't growing, so just consider your recent BS as a bump in the road and get over it. I guarantee you that 5 years from now you and your children will all be glad you did.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.380 sec, (1)