CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ocd! help!

LuellaMay Views: 2,411
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,222,017

Re: ocd! help!

You are very wise not to opt for the seratonin reuptake inhibitor.  Although on the "outside" it  will seem to help, these drugs have a myriad of side effects and come with a whole new price to pay.

There is indeed a natural way to address this issue.  First, thing to address is his diet.  Put him on a hypoglycemic diet.  No cheating.  Make sure all foods are natural.  No sugars, sweeteners, processed foods, fast foods, sodas.  These foods are adding (if not responsible) for his condition.  A good rule of thumb is to eat 80% raw, 20% cooked, consisting of chicken and fish.

Supplements are also most important.

Number 1:  Trace Minerals
Number 2:  Omega 3's

These two supplements are imperative and you will find that they will correct that "chemical imbalance" that the doctors so easily speak of.  In fact, his problem may simply be that he is lacking in trace minerals and this has altered his brain chemistry.  The Omega 3's will eliminate his depression.

Other supplements I recommend are:

A good multivitamin/multimineral supplement as a base.

CoQ10:  This is a very important supplement that works on a cellular level, oxygenating the cells.  It also has other wonderful benefits. 

Also iodine supplementation.  I take Iodoral.  Lugol's is also another excellent brand. 

Just by taking the above steps will greatly relieve your son's condition.

For an added boost, Native Remedies, has wonderful supplements for depression and anxiety.  The Triple Complex Nerve Tonic has an immediate calming effect.  Mind Soothe eases depression and there are also other supplements, depending on the severity of your son's condition.  I highly recommend these.  Of course, if he is on any type of sedatives or antidepressants, he should not take the Native Remedies supplements as they contain herbs that could interact with the prescriiption medicines.

Lastly, has your son undergone any type of trauma?  Did he have a difficult childhood for instance?  Was school a horrifying experience, etc., etc.?  Or is this condition purely physical?  If there are also emotional components, this too must be addressed.  It is time for healing and this includes, spirit, mind, and body.  Speaking to a therapist might be the thing to do.  And I know that it is not necessarily easy finding a good therapist, but a good therapist is crucial.  The minute they mention the words drugs, or seratonin reuptake inhibitor, walk out the door.  If the therapist is rude or impatient in any way, find a new one.  Yet, it may be important for your son to speak to someone to help him gain perspective on his emotions and help him in the path to emotional healing.  A good therapist will teach him relaxation techniques and a new positive way of looking at life that will become a habit.  I want to add that although OCD, anxiety and panic are referred to mental illnesses, I totally reject this definition.  I believe that these conditions and with this I will include bipolar, anorexia, etc., etc., etc. are all emotional illnesses, as in most cases, this is where it started.  We received such an emotional blow that it snowballed, seriously altering our lifestyles emotionally and physically.  That is why it is so important that healing include addressing these emotional and physical aspects together.

Now, with regard to those fearful thoughts, one of the keys in healing OCD is breaking the chain.  And it takes practice at first.  If when he gets one of these thoughts (and I know that they can be horrific) if he can just come to the place where he can notice it and just say something like "huh, how strange" shrug his shoulders and let it go, he will notice the relief he feels.  As these thoughts or rituals are given less and less importance little by little they will disappear.

And by healing naturally there will be total healing.  Going the seratonin reuptake inhibitor way offers no true healing, merely masking.

I hope that I have helped you.  If you have any more questions, I invite you to the Ask Tony Isaacs Forum and that way I will be sure not to miss your message. 

Warm regards,
Luella May

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (3)