CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: WF10/MMS Silverfox Question

shortangle2 Views: 7,233
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,206,224

Re: WF10/MMS Silverfox Question

Tom,
Really?

I was referring to "chlorite" as a "proper noun" so to speak, that is as defined by the official naming organization. Not in the sense that lots of things have chorites in them. As I thought I wrote, those names I listed are synonoms for "chlorite," as in they have the same structure, mass, and have the same properties. I even copied it onto my post for everybody's ease of access.

I was not writing about ClO3 or 4 or whatever you mentioned. They no doubt all have chorite ions and I bet you could come up with a lot more, but that's not what I was referring to in my post.

As far as HClO2 or as it's also known ClHO2, I already said I missed the hydrogen atom, however, it's still a chlorite. Feel free to look at the references I listed.

As far as whether ClO2 is positively or negatively charged, it's still ClO2. The negatively charged are, as you know, chlorites. The positively charged molecules are chlorine dioxide as well, also called chlorine oxide, but are not chlorites as far as I know. Chlorine dioxide with a negative charge is formed when the positively charged molecule is mixed with an acid as does your favorite molecule, chlorous acid.

Thanks for the info Tom. How's that yogurt coming?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)