CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 3 month old breastfed infant with chronic eczema seborrheic dermatitis

transposase Views: 40,733
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,145,467

Re: 3 month old breastfed infant with chronic eczema seborrheic dermatitis

Hi! Gosh - I have the exact same problem (reason why I am online at 3 am) except that my sweet-natured baby is a 6 month old baby girl.
few things:
* did flare up badly after her 4th month vaccinations
* but since she has continued to flare, the vax were only a part of the full story
* last full week she has been on breast milk exclusively (usually she does a 70-30 combo of breastmilk to formula), and she is still flaring - so i am convinced it's my diet that is affecting her
* docs prescribed harsh steriods, and while it kills me to apply dermasmooth on her skin, it kills me even more to see her scratch and not be able to sleep at all. i have broken down and used the damn thing, and it does clear her skin up - but it is an awful quick fix that does more harm (in the long run) than good.
* i have figured out a concoction that I have been trying for the past 36h, and it seems like that scratching may be a little less - here's the recipe:
glycerin
aloe
calamine
neem powder (have not been able to find neem oil)
honey
emu oil (excellent!)
chamomile extract (drop)
calendula extract (drop)
coconut oil (she does not react to this one oil, reacts to olive)
burt's bees - buttermilk lotion

* i am using this concoction to control every ingredient that i am putting on her skin - want no parabens, mineral oil, fragrances, and other stuff. most of these items have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties.

* have not found a homeopath for her
* dad has eczema and allergies
* i have egg allergies

* my diet is not controlled, but i plan to go on a strict diet after reading a post on this thread.

thanks all, for your kind suggestions. i am so close to losing my mind over this. please help with any more information/suggestion/advice you might have.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.204 sec, (1)