CureZone   Log On   Join
Why there's not a cure for herpes...

hugo Views: 66,563
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,141,883

Why there's not a cure for herpes...

It has nothing to do with the Conspiracy theories about the big corporations suppressing a magical cure or the 100 MPG carburetor. No, I have no financial or quid pro quo connection with any pharmaceutical companies.

From
http://nocureforherpes.com/

"I know this all sounds like a bummer, but it's the truth, at least for the foreseeable future, in spite of lots and lots of web sites that claim to have a magical "cure". Those sites exist to make money. Our sites exist to help people deal with the not-so-dreadful reality of living with herpes along with about a quarter of the adult population who have genital herpes. Yes, we can talk about oral herpes, too, more commonly known as cold sores or fever blisters. Almost all the adult population has that virus eventually, whether they know it or not.

So what's the deal and why isn't there a cure? The problem with the idea of a "herpes cure" is that the herpes virus is not a separate biological entity like a bacteria that can be targeted and killed. It is a little snippet of DNA that becomes part of the infected cell's DNA. "Killing" the virus involves killing the cell. Since the virus very effectively hides from the immune system inside the cell, there's not a good way at this time to kill only the affected cell without harming other similar uninfected cells. Further, the infected cells are still functioning nerve cells and I'm not much in favor of killing off otherwise perfectly good nerve cells.

Alright then, so what do we do about herpes? The very best treatments that we have today fall into two basic categories. One is the Nobel Prize winning antiviral drugs which act to interfere with re-activation of the virus which results in outbreaks and viral shedding. The other is enabling our immune system to effectively keep the virus under control so we're not bothered by it.

Immune enhancement, in my opinion, is best achieved by eating well, getting enough rest, exercise in moderation and active de-stressing. Yes, there are products on the market billed as immune enhancing "supplements", but they are less well evaluated for safety and efficacy than pharmaceuticals, so it's somewhat a caveat emptor situation with regard to potential side effects."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.207 sec, (2)