CureZone   Log On   Join
Edited

Views: 1,794
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,072,863

Edited

You said:

"i agree, there are times when it's hard to say no, especially if you're sitting with your whole family at christamas once a year and they are munching on all this devilish food and you sit there with your own specially made candida-less plate of steamed veggies and fish..."

I had just the opposite problem! *lol* Years ago when I had the dreaded fungus-among-us, the ex-husband and I were invited to my in-laws for Christmas dinner. I told the ex that I should probably bring my own food since it would be a problem for his step-mother to accommodate me. He assured me that he would talk to her about what I was able to eat, and that there would be simple, 'clean' foods there for me. And he did have such a discussion with her over the phone. In actuality, my diet was very simple...animal protein and steamed lower-carb vegetables. And he told her to keep things real plain and simple. I wasn't even expecting anything organic. A little real butter, perhaps. I didn't think it was too much to ask... *rofl*

When we arrived for Christmas dinner, the meal consisted of a honey-baked ham, a salad that was already smothered in some horrid-looking dressing, an assortment of casseroley things, several pies and a Schaum Torte, and homemade eggnog complete with brandy.

And a relish tray. *lol...can barely type*

Yep, you guessed it! I ate olives and Celery sticks for Christmas!! What an idiot I have been!!!

Right now I could almost kill for such a dinner! My sister-in-law made the most fabulous Schaum Torte and homemade eggnog that I have ever tasted!! And fortunately, I got well enough to finally have some!!!

Later...

I've got to go dig up some recipes...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)