CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 2 Questions for the experts here

InCharge Views: 2,140
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,288,629

Re: 2 Questions for the experts here

What about that yellow color?

Many of my experiments at higher current produced a yellow product or an clear product that turned yellow after a few hours. [Agglomeration or crystalization] I stored it alongside clear samples for several months and found that the yellow had deposited on the glass of the container leaving the suspension clear. [Photo]

Color is an indication of particle size. The smallest particle has no color. The next size range up shows a yellow color, then violet, reddish and then greenish.

This correlation of color to particle size may not 'always' be 'entirely' true

The yellow color can also be a large amount of silver oxide particles suspended in the water as a *pigment* which eventually stick to the glass and also act as a nucleus for a crystal to form around [agglomeration]

A few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide will break these structures apart again by dissolving the oxide nucleus and/or quickly remove colored deposits.

Why current control

Some "High voltage" [HVAC] people claim that distilled water will not conduct electricity and think they must use high voltage [up to 20,000 volts] to 'jump the gap'. Some low voltage people think that adding an electrolyte such as salt is necessary. Theoretically, they are correct. In actuality, they are not.

Note that one or two HVAC generators use an entirely different setup where a arc is produced, not in the water, but above it. [Electrosputtering?] I hear that process makes a fine CS if an inert gas blanket is used to prevent the formation of silver nitrates but the generator is very expensive and could be deadly to operate. [No one sells those to the public..too dangerous]

Controlling the current is done by automatically dropping voltage as the conductivity of the water goes up with the additon of ionic componants.

Current controls ion emission rate [Voltage controls ion velocity through the water ]

At the surface of the electrodes there is the "Nernst Diffusion Layer" which if overloaded with too high an emission rate, creates a high concentration zone where particles will form in the over saturated zone.

Keeping the "current density" of the electrodes down by tailoring current to electrode surface area, helps prevent oversaturation, reducing the size of the particles that do form and reducing the number of particles that form... there.

Low voltage, low amperage works. Even my engineer was surprised.

http://silverpuppy.com/faq-page#n636

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.160 sec, (2)