CureZone   Log On   Join
Day 21-End of fast!

Views: 2,390
Published: 17 y

Day 21-End of fast!

Hello My Fellow Fasters,

I first just want to say thank you for all of the support I have gotten on this forum. Fasting can be isolating, particularly when you come from a place like the United States where it is misunderstood and most people assume you are crazy for doing it.

I'm happy it is over. In the past couple of days I've only recently started to HATE drinking water and I don't think I could go on any longer.

So far it seems that my allergies and my mild candida symptoms are gone. Some of my other problems I won't be able to decide about until some time passes.

Tomorrow I will do diluted orange juice. I'm going to take my quart bottle, fill it up with 1/4 cup juice and then fill the rest with water, then I will do the same thing again but with a 1/2 cup of juice and so on.

Day 2 of my post-fast will be fruits.

Day 3 and onward for awhile I will eat the veggie soup that I ate as a child, as I was raised vegetarian and I ate this soup all the time since it was one of my favorite things: a small amount of potatoes cut in very tiny pieces with carrots, celery, cabbage, onions, corn and garlic with celtic Sea Salt , small amount of black pepper and a little paprika for seasoning. I can't wait!

As for my diabetes, I am not going to check my blood Sugar levels until I'm eating fairly normally again to get a good reading. So hopefully my diabetes has improved. That was my number one goal with this fast.

Once I'm up and eating regular food again, I will be combining too ways of eating that I experimented with during the summer.

One is the plan set up in the book "Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program" and basically it means that you eat your heavier carbs and sugars during one meal only per day and you limit the meal to 1 hour (this has to do with how your body produces insulin in response to your food.) I found my cravings for heavy carbs and Sugar totally diminished with this way of eating. The other meals, you basically stick to good protein + good fat + veggies.

I will also be doing IF or Intermittent Fasting again with a 24 hours on/24 hours off plan, going from 6pm one day until 6pm the next (this way you always eat at leat once a day.) I would stick to this pattern and then mix it up so that my body wouldn't get to used to it, so sometimes I would fast less or eat several days in a row, that sort of thing. People who do IF have many different variations. Some peopel eat once or twice a day or fast only every third day and such. This way of eating is supposed to give the anti-aging and health benefits of CRON or calorie-restriction without having to eat super low-calorie every day. All the studies have been on animals, so it is only thought that one might need to only fast for 15 hours at a time to get the benefits but nobody knows for sure. After fasting for so long, I thik it will be really easy for me.

As for my weight loss, my BMI started at the low end of the obese range and I am now about 15 pounds from the upper limit of the healthy BMI range. I went from 201.5 at 5'8" to 174 for a total loss of 27.5 lbs. I expect to gain some of that back but I'm also going to be adding back in exercise and a much better way of eating.

I will continue to post as I go through the post-fast process since this is also a super-important step of the journey.

Thanks again and I will be cheering you all on.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)