CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Estrogen/Bromide/Progesterone - observations from patient reports

wombat Views: 4,873
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 934,170

Re: Estrogen/Bromide/Progesterone - observations from patient reports

going by that example.... hmmmm...
personally, I never plan on "stopping" iodine, but I'm hoping to one day be completely cured of FBD...at that point I do hope that 12.5mg per day is sufficient!

What do you think of DIM, may I ask? I've been taking that as well. I'll find a link & paste for those not familiar...

EDIT~ info on DIM

http://www.vrp.com/art/1959.aspc=1172985168515&k=/staticpages.asp&m=/includes...

"Several other nutrients/hormones are also important to breast health and can be used in conjunction with Iodoral.), DIM (diindolylmethane the nutrient derived from cruciferous vegetables, for example, is influential in helping the body metabolize estrogen. DIM has been shown to change the way estrogen is metabolized. Metabolism of the natural estrogen estradiol occurs via one of two pathways. The tumor enhancer metabolic pathway, 16 alpha-hydroxylation, is elevated in patients with breast and endometrial cancer and in those at increased risk of such cancers. This increased 16 alpha-hydroxylation activity has been shown to precede clinical evidence of cancer, and it represents a significant risk factor for developing estrogen-dependent tumors.

Conversely, when estrogen veers away from the 16-alpha pathway and takes another route out of the body, the incidence of cancer decreases. This alternate route, which acts as a tumor suppressor metabolic pathway, is called 2-hydroxylation, a process that transforms estrogen into 2-hydroxyestrone (20HEI), an antiestrogen. Healthy individuals not at risk for breast or endometrial cancer bypass the 16-alpha route and instead metabolize estrogen through this preferable pathway. DIM signals the body to metabolize estrogen via the tumor suppressor 2-hydroxylation pathway."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)