CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please Provide Proof that liver flush has helped.....

MaryL Views: 3,119
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 92,841

Re: Please Provide Proof that liver flush has helped.....

I wrote a few weeks ago about my 2 yr follow up visit to my dr where my enzymes had come down from 172(and when they redid it a wk later to see if there had been a mistake-164)to somewhere between 16 and 17(It is in the newsletter at the top of this home page for a few wks ago). The n/p said this was great. I'm assuming he meant normal, I had just done another flush a few wks before. My bad cholestrol was in the at risk zone but a dr friend told me I just needed to get out and get some exercise since I haven't been moving much the last couple of months, he thought it was great too and he had encouraged me to try the flushes because he knew some people from a bibical medical seminar type program who had some successes. I am a believer now even though I was sure they were working(generally feel better), I have still had some pain after some meals and I thought maybe I was blocked and it would show my enzymes were high again.(But this is how I felt 14 yrs ago when I first told my old dr that I had pain under my rib(and nauseau when I ate pork bbq)and he did an ultrasound and announced"oh, you have "sludge"(aka as slush)which is what my other newer old dr said 3 yrs ago!(yet they didn't give me any advice except if it gets worse you may have to have it removed). At my physical a few wks ago the n/p (who is easier to get into than the dr and then if you have any problems he refers you to the dr)said,"well, if those liver enzymes are through the roof we're going to want you to have that surgery,", see, I had written my dr a letter after he had made my appt with a surgeon(a member of my church and father of my daughter's friend no less)and told him I wanted to try doing these"flushes" I had heard about and that I would modify my diet and see if I could keep my gb since I was "attached" to it!He agreed and wrote me back that I might have some success with the diet changes and that he wanted to check my enzymes in a few months. I promised my husband that I would at least go back in two yrs(time that one of the moderators on this board told me it might take to get in better gb health)or earlier if I got jaundice or couldn't take the pain anymore, etc. I was really scared since my liver enzymes were so high but then I remembered something!My mother had gone to the hospital so many yrs ago(6,7?)and she thought she was having a heart attack one night after going to bed and the pain was horrid. Well, the ER drs told her that her EKG was fine but her liver enzymes were really elevated.That really scared me, I didn't know what that meant but it sounded bad. So she had another episode, same results, sent her home, told her to see her dr. Her dr couldn't find anything wrong. Guess what, sometime in that next yr my mom goes in the hospital, my brother calls me, seems she's going to have some emergency gallbladder surgery. She had it removed(which by the way, she is still having problems and now has IBS but I can't convince her she needs to flush since she doesn't have internet and can't read all these stories. Sorry so long, I pray you will make a wise decision! Also, if this helps I had a HIDA scan done 2 yrs ago with an ultrasound, and the ultrasound showed the slush again but no "stones" however, my dr said that he was a believer that some stones don't show up in ultrasound because he had sent a patient home with "slush" from an u/s and that evening she had to have emergency surgery to remove stones.Also, he said I fit the profile,age, pregnancies, weight gain/loss/gain/loss, and the general yuk feeling, sometimes wondering if something was wrong with my heart, pain under ribs,battling Depression feelings,etc.Well, my HIDA scan came back showing my gb was only 14% effective. I consulted my dr friend(he only does geriatric care and hospital consulting now), and he said well, we used to not know how effective a person's gallbladder was and now insurance companies want to know, if it wasn't working we took it out and if it was we left it alone. My s-i-l begged her internist to get a surgeon to take hers out. Seems hers was like 33% effective and insurance wouldn't cover the surgery unless it was only 32% effective. She battled with them about a yr until she finally convinced someone the thing was causing other problems or something!(Yeah, she really thinks I'm insane!). ok, I hope this helps some!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)