CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Plastic John E. Water on Ebay!

drov Views: 15,276
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 887,093

Re: Plastic John E. Water on Ebay!

Hello,

Sorry for the delay - just saw your post. I'm not familiar with the Rain Crystal Distiller. I tried to look it up but their website was down it seems. Anyway - the Ellis machine has gone through transformations over the last twenty five years. I bought a machine back in 1996 without the ozone UV bulb and was happy with the pure water it made. It has jumped in price since I purchased it - from about $600 to $1700 and more for the units. I have no way of authenticating the claims that "extra electrons" are added to the water or how one can test if these extra electrons are promoting good health. I can say that the water it produces is addictive in a sense that it feels and "tastes" wonderful. People panic when they run low on the water I supply them with. After drinking this water - tap and store bought "spring" water (tap with a fancy label) become disgusting in taste and store bought distilled is ok, but a bit flat. I've noticed that the Ellis machine water also promotes faster plant root growth and I have a 55 gallon indoor pond in my museum which is home to an African sidenecked turtle which needs no maintenance other then skimming of waste and plant and food residue to keep the water clear to the bottom without any smell whatsoever. I also have large fish tanks that I haven't done water changes in for over a year and they are clear. I have no explanation for these things - but they are just some things I've noticed.

As for the Ellis machine - it has a year warranty on parts and don't ask me why - but there is no money back on the unit. It's a very solid stainless unit but it does require tinkering and is definately not a set and forget unit. I certainly wish he kept the lower price device available for folks who can't shell out the high cost of the newer units. As for other counter - top devices - I would look for any unit which is glass or stainless with no plastic parts due to the high temps and the leeching of plastics into your drinking water. As for now - perhaps you can find a distiller that is user friendly, cost effective, and has the warranty you're happy with and take the water that comes from it - after it cools - and drip it through an activated carbon filter. If you ever get a cheap Ellis unit, I'd be happy to help you get it refurbished and working. I've never had a heater element burn out since 1996. It is a workhorse - I just am sad about the price increase.

If I can help further - email me direct at drov@mail.com

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)