CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cognative Dissonance

J Trace Views: 5,947
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 905,581

Re: Cognative Dissonance

Years ago, a good friend of mine, who married a nice Catholic girl straight out of college (as they are supposed to) confessed his dark and deep struggle within.  He had made all the "right" choices.  He married, provided well for her, fathered a beautiful daughter.  Then, he and I flew to Minneapolis on business.  There, he made his confession, he wanted some type of physical intimacy with me.  Not sex, not marriage, not kissing, just some sort of touching comfort.  Well, of course I was repelled since I had no feelings like that for him.  That was many years ago.  Unfortunately, I have not spoken with him for almost as long.  It is a shame, we were terrific friends and went through a lot together.  Frankly, I miss him.

The point is that choice exists only on a superficial level.  There is a deeper level that we cannot ignore.  I have no doubt that my good friend is happy with his "choices".  But I also know that a part of him will always feel shame about his "secret".  That is very sad and totally unnecessary. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)