CureZone   Log On   Join
Thanks, Trapper

fledgling Views: 2,676
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 897,796

Thanks, Trapper

You know, I've always loved designing houses, imagining all a family's activities, living there.

I once saw a picture of three huts, arranged around a central small open square where the extended family did their cooking and communal living.

I've never forgotten it for its outdoor practicality, and for its lack of 'privacy' from the neighbors.

Yes, it was in a warm climate, of course; and they had few 'conveniences', like running water and electricity...still, you could see the family sharing the evening fire before they crept into their separate sleeping rooms. Or, did they all sleep in one, and store their stuff in the other two?

It made me think that our way of living entirely indoors, every home having all the conveniences, privately, is quite impractical, and very isolating...as well as expensive.

Feeds right into my dreams of community living for seniors, all on one level...outdoors, as much as possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

My best,

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)