CureZone   Log On   Join
I have been Diagnosed with SIBO(or similar). Antibiotics?

sunshine p Views: 27,653
Published: 17 y

I have been Diagnosed with SIBO(or similar). Antibiotics?

Good news, I have a diagnosis after a Hydra breath test and a stool test. Hooray!
(Full Test results at the end of this message.)

I have : "SIBO, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, is a possibility as is a Histamine Intolerance /bacteria induced Histamine Intolerance ."

I have googled this and read much. The symptoms perfectly match mine, (although i know it could still be something different) & i seem to be a fairly advanced example:-(

There are plenty of different ways to tackle SIBO:
A) Antibiotics
B)probiotics
C) Antibiotics + probiotics
D)herbs like grapefruit extract, oregano oil, garlic, pau d'arco, olive leaf extrat, berberine etc, & probiotics.
-as well as the usual special diet requirements, which i'm doing already.

Lots of articles recommanded hitting it hard to start with, ie. the antibotics then followed by the more natural remedies.

My doc says he uses antibotics, but i am very much against this, as this is most likely one of the reasons this long journey started.

Any thoughts & advise much appreciated.

Sunshine

10-06-2007
Helicobacter pylori test: negative
Stool Test (ova, parasites, hyphal/fungal): negative
Glucose Bacteria: high
Lactose: high
Culture: -

The high reading for the Glucose Bacterial Overgrowth test has two typical peaks.
Peak one: 93 ppm
Peak two: 53 ppm

Looking at the medical history and the momentarily health complaints, SIBO, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, is a possibility as is a Histamine Intolerance /bacteria induced histamine intolerance. The stool test should be repeated in approx. three months.

Chronic fatigue, weight loss and increased food intolerances can be a result of bacterial over-expression.

Sibo refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria (at least 100,000 bacteria per ml of fluid) are present in the small intestine and the types of bacteria in the small intestine resemble more the bacteria of the colon than the small intestine.

The Antibiotic Rifaximin is often prescribed in cases of SIBO, but has some significant side-effects.

I prefer a special eating programme with some short-term supplementation and a programme to eliminate bacterial overgrowth.

We will discuss the details during our next session.

unquote

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)