CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Restless Legs- Please Help!

Views: 11,222
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 875,678

Re: Restless Legs- Please Help!

Thank you for this message also Plantlover.

I agree with you about supplementation. As I said in another post, I've tried EVERYTHING.... and while I don't feel that money was "wasted" (it's probably kept me alive... literally), it's also bankrupted me and has definitely not given me a decent quality of life.

I used to live in the States, but now live in Canada. I had health insurance in the States, but here, since they have "universal health care" (and I'm not a "citizen"), everything I do "doctor-wise" is out of pocket.

I do use Isocort and I think it helps me quite a bit. I used to see a Naturopath in the States who prescribed Cortef, which I felt helped a LOT. But obviously, he won't continue to treat me while I'm living here. (I need to be here for family reasons by the way.... and can't just go back to the States..... even if I could, I would be alone, with no way of taking care of myself or supporting myself financially).

I did have a DHEA/Cortisol saliva test done....but that was years ago. It was REALLY messed up. I used to use Cortef at certain times of day and DHEA at others.... but living here, I don't have access to either. (I need a prescription for Cortef, and Health Canada has made DHEA illegal, claiming it's the same as "performance enhancing steroids"!)

Sorry to sound so negative. I appreciate your suggestions so much, but without money or access to the products I need, I really don't know what to do.

Thank you for your kindness.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (1)