CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Lugol's Iodine and Increase in Eye Pressure (Glaucoma)

High on Water Views: 17,419
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 871,178

Re: Lugol's Iodine and Increase in Eye Pressure (Glaucoma)

I can't tell you about eyes, other than I've learned that Iodine is definitely something the eyes need! I can tell you, however, I had a problem with pressure too; my problem was with my thyroid. I had hypothyroidism, and one of my main problems was swelling and pressure in the thyroid area - and that would always be an indication to me that I would NEED to have my meds increased! (What my thyroid was actually "telling me" was that it NEEDED iodine!)

Within my own first two months of Iodine supplementation, my thyroid would go back and forth with the terribly uncomfortable pressure within my throat. I had my "good days"...but I had more uncomfortable days than I cared to admit. My thyroid is now comfortable ALL the time! I'm even off my meds now!

I will tell you, that I did feel a need to go very slowly with the iodine, quite possibly because of my fears, (I did also have heart trouble, which is also now totally resolved), and I did actually reduce my Iodine at one point, due to my own detox issues.

I was then led to a total water-only fast (hear me out, I'm not going to suggest YOU do this). During the time I fasted, I still took the iodine, but I only took 1-3 drops per day. That was all I took for a full month.

What I'm trying to say here is, (in MY opinion, and if it were ME-based on MY experience), don't stop the iodine altogether. Cut back if you are led to; take a day or two off every week if you are led to. But don't stop altogether.

The first thing I thought of was comparing the pressure in your eyes to the pressure in my throat. The body DOES need time to adjust. The doctors doing the research DID say that certain tests did show what seemed like patients going backwards (based on their lab tests). What they now believe, is that their patients' bodies were simply adjusting to the changes, due to the iodine.

If it were me, I'd still take the iodine with me to Kenya if you're allowed to. You must have something to sterilize the water; that's a given. As your time in Kenya progresses, pay attention to how your eyes feel...do you "feel" the pressure there? If so, perhaps you'll be led as to how to proceed with your medication. Perhaps, over time, you'll be led to reduce the medication to what you were on before the increase. Perhaps you'll be led to reduce it to half. Perhaps you will be led to continue taking your present dose.

Many of us are learning that we do seem to be able to make decisions a lot easier on our own bodies, the longer we supplement with iodine.

The choice, of course, is totally up to you. It is YOUR body. And, only YOU know your own body better than anyone else.

I hope this helps. I also decided to post the protocol I did for myself. Perhaps it will help, maybe not. ???

PS: (THIS year!):

January 26th: I started supplementing with iodine. Standard Process prolamine iodine tabs (3mg each) were already in my cabinet. I took one a day. I did this until....

February 2nd: My order for detoxified iodine came in the mail. I continued with the tablets, but also took ONE DROP of the liquid daily.

February 8th: I had hyPERthyroid symptoms, so I cut my meds in half.

February 12th: I am hazy of a few things around this time, as I had two episodes of getting impatient and taking more of the liquid (on my skin) - I scared myself with heart palpitations, and with more swelling of the thyroid, so I didn't do that anymore, and I had already quit taking the tablets. Because of all of the above posted for THIS date, I posted this date because it was then that I started taking TWO drops of the detoxified iodine (one drop twice a day) for 5 days on, and two days off

February 15th(?): I had to have my thyroid rechecked; I, too, was disappointed to learn that I needed to have an increase in my meds! Since I had already cut my dosage in half, I decided to take half the new dosage as well. So I allowed myself an increase, just not as much as the doctor gave.

February 19th: I started taking FOUR drops of the iodine (two drops twice a day) for 5 days on, and two days off

February 26th: I started taking SIX drops of the iodine (three drops twice a day) for 5 days on, and two days off

March 1st: I woke up in the morning and "felt strongly led" to STOP taking the meds altogether. It "felt right" and I really can't explain it better than that.

March 5th: I started taking EIGHT drops of the iodine (four drops twice a day) and lasted only a day or two, as detox headache was terrible; the highly successful bromide detox protocol didn't work, as I got terribly constipated. (My own fault though - I ate half my own birthday cake that I had to make myself - self-pity is not a good thing at this time! LOL!) However, all that was good, because I learned just one tablespoon of castor oil taken internally can work wonders; and by the end of the week, I learned that the salt-water cleanse helps tremendously during this detox stage! After taking iodine for only two days this week, I was OFF the iodine until....

March 12th: I started my water-only fast today. But also continued to take my Seasalt of choice IN my water as per taste - usually 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per quart - (but sometimes more)! I was "Led" to take just one drop of iodine on my skin, not internally. I did start to get thyroid-pressure issues again, so sometimes (for a few days in a row) I'd take up to three drops on my skin. It definitely helped.

April 13th: I ended my water-only fast. I did allow it to go 3 or 4 days too long. This is not the time to go into all that, but only to say that since I had allowed my glucose levels to dip too low, the course of the next 10 days is "fuzzy" concerning how much iodine I continued to take. I believe that I continued with the same course of action I took during the fast.

April 23th: I was "Led" to start taking 16 drops (8 drops twice daily) of iodine per day. The cycle I was led to, is to do this for 10 days "on" iodine, 5 days "off" iodine, and do this for three or four months. The detoxing, once again, struck me hard with the headaches (this surprised me -I thought my fast would've resolved those) but I re-read a post on Dr Abraham talking on how 10000mg of vitamin C and 10000mg of salt per day FOR ONE WEEK helps with stubborn detox issues. I also discovered through trial and error that "Emergen-C" brand fizzy vitamin C drinks helped tremendously! I took 10 packets a day for seven days. After that, I took 9 packets, then 8, then 7, etc (daily) until I was down to ONE packet in one day...then I quit altogether. (I had read that you need to do this after megadosing on vitamin C. If you "just quit", you can actually bring about a deficiency in C! You basically have to tell your body, "OK, now, I'm slowly reducing the C, body don't fail me now!" lol This all brought me to (about) a week ago from today.

I plan on sticking with this present course of action until "Led" otherwise. I also felt "Led" to increase my water intake. Half one's weight in ounces of water (daily) is what I believe in...and usually follow. But I'm feeling a need to drink MORE water (3.5 quarts) at this time. My salt intake is based on what tastes good in my water, and I'm eating a LOT of raw fruits and veggies. (Mostly fruits & nuts this week). I know that I am detoxing based on the fact that my urine is still quite dark yellow, sometimes orangish! However, I am NOT uncomfortable - at all!

I feel tremendous! And now, I plan to go outside and get some sunshine! I felt that either you (or perhaps someone else?) needed to actually see the protocol that someone followed. We're ALL pioneers here!

Have a wonderful day...and I truly believe that your eyes truly can get better!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (5)