CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Another maddening M.O.

marilynm Views: 2,378
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 804,397

Re: Another maddening M.O.

Thanks for this:

"The most important aspect that I learned was that I was not responsible for propelling anyone towards any healing, helpful, progressive path - the only person that I could be responsible for was myself. And, as I learned more about my perpetrator's true past, I was finally able to see the cycle and made the choice to step out of it. He had fabricated the most pitiful childhood stories about his mother, and nearly everything that came out of his mouth was utterly invented. The narcissist cannot be helped by the victim, a "friend," or even a savvy therapist unless he/she is ready to shed the cloak of deception, demonstrate 100% courage, and do the work that will help to free them from their own cycle of abuse/control - this is more than unlikely, for to attempt any of the above, it requires that the narcissist must admit to being flawed and to deliberately committing sins against other living beings."

I am going to court Tuesday, and while I was originally concerned that he rehabilitate himself (he had me feeling sorry for him!), i've come to realize that I must protect myself and do what i have to do to assure that he will stay away from me. if i drop this and he ls let go free, there will be no 'first offense' on file, and he could assault me again while my back is turned. I am NOT responsible for his life, his rehabilitation, his *anything*, and after i face him in court on Tuesday (see thread below), i hope to never see his pathetic face again.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.092 sec, (1)