CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: wonderful!

Ladylove Views: 1,828
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 745,953

Re: wonderful!

Hi FF :-),

Glad to see you here :-)..

If the 'other site' you're referring to is the Solviva site, yes it has been built and operational for several years.

The CalEarth method really piques my interest. I've always been interested in building my own house with my own hands, and I think an adaptation of the CalEarth method would work quite well for this (Not using a tube, but long bag segments instead)..

I actually chased down the CalEarth book by the originating CalEarth architect (Took months to get it), and it was a *fascinating* read. It documented his personal evolution into the original concept, then the testing of the design, then subsequent efforts to bring his method into use by the people of the desert. This man's spirit is *huge*.

I have been playing with designing a house with a rock floor, a simple approx. 20' x 40' structure which can be made to be open to the air whenever desired (Kind of like a hard-sided Yurt, I guess :-)), for the past couple of weeks.

Starting to work out the problems helps me to create my vision in greater detail.. Don't know how *soon* I'll get to actually build it but I will certainly do it, sooner or later.

Good Health to All of Us,

Ladylove :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)