CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: overcomming abuse

wombat Views: 1,955
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 739,297

Re: overcomming abuse

There are a couple of things that I would suggest. The first thing is...stop dating, for now.

The second thing is, learn to love yourself. & That's why it's important for you to stop dating. It seems that you are attracting abusive men & I'm sure that that is a direct result of your upbringing. You need to learn to love & value yourself for the beautiful person you are...so that you can attract that kind of energy into your life.

How do you learn to love yourself? Well, here's a few ideas...Take stock of your good qualities & they ARE there, even though it sounds as though you have been very neglected & very unappreciated. I see a couple of good qualities right off. You realize that there is a HUGE problem with the example you've been shown and you want to change, to stop the cycle. Unfortunately, some of us are only offered lessons in how "not" to live...but they are still lessons, nonetheless. You have a VERY clear example of what a good life is NOT!! Look for the blessings in this & they ARE there...you have had it pretty rough so far & I'm sure that it's made you pretty tough! So you CAN do this!

And, as bad as some of us have it, there are always those who have it worse. So I would suggest finding some volunteer work, maybe at an animal shelter or an old folks home or...maybe with a local environmental group? You would have the chance to give some love and you will surely find that love returned. That is an immediate way to change the cycle that you are now caught up in...

And Finally, there are books out there and techniques that can help you. I would strongly suggest visiting the Affirmations forum on this website. A book that I've heard is good is "You can Heal your Life" by Louise Hay...

Just a few thoughts, I hope this helps.. :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)