CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: you number people drive me nuts!!

finallyfaith Views: 3,230
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 689,732

Re: you number people drive me nuts!!

yes, focus on the message. it just gets frustrating when i can't remember who said what and so the coherency of the converstaion is jumbled.

first off as far as Neb goes, no where does it say he was struck down because he called God a different name, but rather that he was worshipping mulitple gods. this kind of worship often included humans sacrifice. if you study the ancient pagan civilizations, you will find that many of them practiced this, and it is not taught or acknowledged in schools.

the JW's are trying to scare you the same way they are scared, and trying to chain you the same way they are chained. they believe that somehow by saying the right words and acting the right way, and going ot church and whatever else their religion teaches that they will make it to heaven and everyone else won't.

if you read the teachings of Christ as reported in the four gospels you will see that he taught a very simple faith - to love God and to treat others the way you would be treated. he said the ENTIRE LAW rested on these two commandments. now when you stand before God on judgement day do you want to say "i called you the right name?" or do you want to say "i tried the best i could to be a loving person the way the Jesus said to do"?

paul wrote most of the NT, but the best thing he ever said is in 1Cor 13, the love chapter. it is interesting to note that in the last verse of chapter 12 he says "and yet i show unto you a more excellent way." then he launches into one of the most beautiful passages in all of literature. in other words love is the more excellent way.

God is not sitting up in heaven waiting for someone to use an "incorect" name in regards to HIm so He can smite them, it just doesn't work that way. God is a God of love, in fact he is looking for excuses to bless us, not curse us. of course all the hardships we endure on the earth have a purpose.

too much of religion is based on fear of doing the wrong thing and what God will do because of that. but love casts out all fear. take Jesus' advice and be a good samaritan every day and let the JW's run around afraid of being smitten by God, thats their problem not yours.

ff

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (2)