CureZone   Log On   Join
Anyone who's cured their perioral dermatitis? Better on antibotics but they give me acne! Need better option.

Melody143 Views: 59,965
Published: 18 y

Anyone who's cured their perioral dermatitis? Better on antibotics but they give me acne! Need better option.

I went on tetracycline for my Perioral dermatitis for 2 and a half months. It cleared up the bumps within the first two weeks but the reddness was still there even after I finished the bottle. But the problem is that the tetracycline gave me acne. Before I went on it I would maybe get 2-4 tiny pimples a month on my nose. When I was on it I was getting like 10 a week. My doctor said that wasn't normal because it's supposed to help Acne not cause it (well then!) so she put me on Minocycline. I was taking two pills a day for a while and my skin was clearing up. After a couple weeks I saw a derm who told me he didn't think it was good for me to be taking that high a dosage for more than two weeks (because my skin should be 'fixed' by then. YEAH RIGHT) and I should go to one a day. Well within two days after my skin started breaking out alot. I thought I'd give it a while. Well a week and a half later my skin had just been getting worse every single day. So I put myself back on 2 a day a few days ago. My doctor told me to take 2 a day for a month anyway. My skin is looking a bit better but for all I know I could continue to break out even on 2 a day.

Oh and it's giving me yeast infections despite taking probiotics and yeast fungal detox herbs (fun!)

I was off the Tetracycline for almost a week before I went on the Minocycline and the Acne breakouts went away, but the perioral dermatitis came back. I expect the same thing would happen if I went off the Minocyline.

I really need a better option. I'd prefer to get rid of it by using natural products but I tried that for 5 years and they did nothing. The antibotics at least clear it up. But then they cause Acne and yeast infections. So I don't know what to do.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.048 sec, (1)