CureZone   Log On   Join
Please please please be careful with accutane

Views: 8,648
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 677,131

Please please please be careful with accutane

Hi entzel

I had bad Acne for most of my 20's and I finally got rid of it by taking a supplement called MSM (methyl sulphonyl methane). I went through years of taking Dianette (Diane 35) birth control pill and Minocyclene antibiotic, both of which have serious side effects and left me with symptoms which were as bad, if not worse than the original acne. i'm still trying to regain my health after taking these medications. I also tried EVERY lotion, potion, diet, pill, supplement and nothing worked.
I discovered MSM by a chance conversation with someone who reccommended it and I gave it a try. I took 1 pill (1000mg) per day. Within a week, the spots had stopped appearing. Within a month, my face was clear. Its not an expensive supplement and is completely harmless, I have been taking it for years now and have not suffered one side effect, and at this stage if i do stop taking it for awhile my Acne does not return. It has the effect of cleansing the liver, I think this is why it works. You can get it at any health store, I think even walmart sells it. It is used for many other things besides skin - this is a good website, theyve made a new forum but take a look at the archives

http://www.msm-msm.com

About Accutane.... PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
PLEASE search on the internet for stories and accounts from people who have used it - I have read so many heartbreaking stories from people whose lives have been destroyed by this drug. And stories from parents of people who took their own lives while taking it.
My own brother took it for just 2 months when he was about 17, and the side effects were frightening to watch. He turned from a happy go lucky, good humoured young guy, to someone who was withdrawn, deeply depressed, stopped bothering with everything that mattered to him. He started to lose his hair (it never came back fully - he's 22 now) and he developed ulcerative colitis - think about it - you cant lose all the lubrication in your body and expect to have no inflammation. He stopped taking it after the 2 months because he couldnt live with these side effects. Incidentally it didnt clear up his acne.
I also know someone who committed suicide while taking Accutane. Nobody knows whether it was the drug, or he was depressed before that and just hid it very, very well - he hadnt shown any signs of it before. So go figure.

So please try MSM before you try Accutane. What have you got to lose? If it doesent work for you at least you will have tried. You can take doses up to several thousand mg very safely, I have gone up to 6000mg but usually maintain the dose at 1000mg per day. And do take the advice you have been given about cleansing - you do need to give toxins a clear passage out. You dont have to do lots of complicated protocols if the thought of it scares you - dietary changes and cleansing foods can make a huge difference, its about choosing what you feel comfortable with - if something is a real chore and you hate doing it you wont stick with it. If you make some small changes first then you will intuitively want to cleanse more and deeper when you start to feel the benefits.
Also - try to exclude different things from your diet and then reintroduce them and see how they affect you - by doing this I realised I'm actually sensitive to a LOT of things, very few of which showed up on an allergy test. For instance, BEEF made my Acne much worse - and KELP supplements.

Good luck - I hope you get rid of your acne I know how rotten it is!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)