CureZone   Log On   Join
So im on accutane... and im getting the feeling that im out of the frying pan and into the fire.

imdamned Views: 3,518
Published: 19 years ago

So im on accutane... and im getting the feeling that im out of the frying pan and into the fire.

First of all let me introduce my condition, I have a form of cystic acne. Before that I had the average pimples on my face/chin which have faded and now are replaced with large formations under the skin that now only appear on my upper back and neck. Oddly enough I never had them while I had your average teenage acne, I am currently 21 they started around the age of 19.

I was prescribed with various topical and oral Antibiotics to which I have had very little success. I saw a law firm that had lawsuits out for this medication. So I did research to see what type of Acne medication it was the next appointment I told my Dr. I wanted to try this medication. It had indicated that it was a 97% cure and worked specifically well in fighting my specific condition. She put me on the medication and the results so far at 20% completion are inconclusive and frustrating.

I have developed large patches of dry skin on my face/chin/neck that shed often and looks very unsightly. My skin secretes no oil whatsoever, my lips bleed and crack and I find myself more stressed out and even worse more socially challenged due to my appearance.

I just find it to be very demoralizing that a medication this powerful, one that offers you a temporary if not complete cure in most patients has had such a negative impact and currently brings me no hope and more sorrow.

So I guess my question would be, does anyone have any inspirational stories about the drug? Does anyone have any other advice they can give me given my condition. The more I research the drug the more I hear about how it ruined peoples lives by causing psychological problems with Depression and suicidal thoughts.

Thank you for your time, sorry for writing a novel.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.081 sec, (1)