CureZone   Log On   Join
Diet does affect skin!

seekradiance Views: 5,102
Published: 20 y

Diet does affect skin!

It's official: diet definately affects skin. Not that I didn't already know/suspect this, but...
After a recent week-long vacation with my hubby visiting relatives, my skin broke out with a great number of small, lovely cysts (mainly cheeks/chin, my problem areas). When I left I had no new blemishes, but by the time I got back there were several.

This is what I ate, and I know were the culprits:

homemade brownies

homemade chocolate chip cookies
fried southern foods

white bread galore

pizza

soda pop

daily coffee (I normally drink green tea in the AM)

and lastly, started to get constipated and I'm usually quite regular (although ideally we should be having more than one bm a day)
ice cream just about every night

Since I was on vacation I figured I would be "bad" and indulge (boy did I!) lol...plus it's hard when everyone bakes homemade (junk that is) down south...

Now I'm home and back on the wagon:
with supplements (Leo Kiessens Acne solution), EFA's, ground flax seed, green tea, miso vegetable soup, coconut oil,etc...
also started back up with the p&b shakes to clean out, and started paragone...already the blemishes are healing. I've been back for less than a week!

For anyone suffering with acne, please try the cleanses recommended here and change your diet...then if you want to test, go back to eating junk and see what your skin does. I've yet to complete a liver flush, but am working on diet and bowel cleansing...my self-discipline comes in waves and sometimes I fall off and eat crap. But each time I get back on track it seems to last a bit longer.

Obviously there are people that have great baby smooth skin and seem to eat/drink whatever with no effect to their skin. My husband has great skin, but he also suffers a plethora of digestion problems and headaches....none of which I get (or rarely). So, toxins manifest in people differently... This recent breakout is great in a way because my husband saw a difference and is becoming more of a believer in what I'm doing and spending $ on all of these supps, etc... He is another story altogether with digestion problems, but he wants to started doing the shakes with me and said he wants to start feeling healthier...hallelujah!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)