CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: seizures

lwm31 Views: 3,130
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 613,511

Re: seizures

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!!!! I'm fine with my son's cerebral palsy. That's just a physical problem. He is not severe, and a couple of the "good" doctors that I see say if he keeps up his grueling physical therapy schedule, he will be walking independently in a couple of years. So the CP to me is just a minor annoyance. The clusters of seizures periodically have me stumped. I do believe there is a trigger, and I won't believe otherwise, even if I never figure it out. Mainstream doctors are rarely helpful. They are wonderful diagnosticians, but just cut and drug.
I am a case in point. I have suffered from severe Depression and anxiety for the last 7 years. I have been to therapy, on just about every antidepressant on the market with no help. I don't even want to live anymore and the only thing that keeps me from doing myself in is my kids.
The other day my sister-in-law said please try her doctor, who is an M.D., but practices alternative medicine. He did basal body temperature tests on me and my temp turned out to be 96.7!!! I have a thyroid condition. He put me on natural pig thyroid hormone and said I will be feeling like an entirely different person in about a month. To think, after all these years of going to every doctor I could find. And by the way, my thyroid blood work came back normal. He doesn't use them because they are not reliable. This doctor says he does not trust mainstream medicine and people should be very wary of them, which I am. How many times have you gone into a doctor's office and seen drug reps there? My experience over the past 10 years with my son and myself has been frighteningly eye-opening. I have so many more stories I could tell, but this message would be pages and pages long.
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It is a little depressing when people just tell you to accept something when your gut tells you something's wrong. I adore my son and wouldn't give him up for the world, but if I can find something to help diminish his seizures and make it better for him, I will leave no stone unturned. When I have exhausted every avenue, then I will accept them. I don't think that is a bad thing to do.
I thank everyone who has responded to my e-mail. Thank you for taking the time to do so. And if anyone has any more info, please keep me posted.
Love to all -
Lori M.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)