CureZone   Log On   Join
Sadhana

janaki Views: 3,372
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 590,253

Sadhana

Sadhana is one of my favourite sanskrit words. However I think it is much broader than what you present. Sadhana simply means "spiritual practice". Implied is that it represents any practice, or activity consciously applied with the aim of self awareness or spiritual growth. Sadhana may be practicing yoga asanas, it may be chanting, or praying, conducting a puja or meditating; however sadhana may be cooking, or reading scriptural books, or other uplifting material, or helping others, or cleansing, or practicing positive thinking, or visualization. Sometimes sadhana is just carrying-on with an open heart through difficulty or letting go of fear. On the spiritual path, sadhana is something we aim to do throughout our lives, not just for a set period of days. In my opinion sadhana changes constantly as we change and grow. The common factor is consciousness or intention.

Pranams,
Janaki

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)