CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: rh negative blood type and pregnancy

bananna98310 Views: 8,424
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 53,766

Re: rh negative blood type and pregnancy

Congratulations hope you soon are holding a healthy happy baby.

I know I was told to take licorice root for RH disease prevention by one midwife, but never have taken it. This is because Licorice root can raise blood pressure. I really have to watch my blood pressure, but after delivery I have taken it.

Most health care providers will handle the cord properly if at all possible. I mean if your baby is stuck with the cord tight around the neck they will cut it without clamping but really that is rare.

You can ask them if they clamp twice or not. My sister has had no problem with all hers being RH+ I have had no problem with several of mine being RH+.

My only concern is last one was RH+ and a c-section which raised the risk of RH disease. Will be getting blood work tomorrow, pray it is negative please. My ob did double clamp and cut between the clamps and did massage the uterus to let the placenta release naturally, my risk is only slightly higher.

Simply clamp close to the baby after cord stops pulsing and clamp close to the momma. My midwife then uses another hand held clamp to keep as much blood in the cord as possible to use for blood tests. No baby poking yay.

HTH
bananna

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)