CureZone   Log On   Join
the cost of religion

just_peachy Views: 3,916
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 431,156

the cost of religion

Monetarily, I haven't spent anything for my 'religion' in years, unless you count refilling some herbs (which make great cooking spices) or candles. Personally, I don't think religion should cost anything except some time, some reflective contemplation, and the will and desire to dump a lot of selfishness.

God doesn't need our money, or our defense, or even our worship, for that matter. Well, at least *my* God is larger than all that petty egotistic stuff and certainly beyond needing any meager little human defense or any of that funny looking paper we trade around.

Just rambling here, so feel free to just ignore me if you feel I've veered off subject. As soon as I see someone getting defensive when facts are presented, I start to question just why they feel the need. Makes one wonder, well, it does me, anyhow.

My view on *any* religion that seeks to maintain control over its practioners is they're questionable at best and usually at least morally corrupt. Then again, I don't hold too high an esteem for any organized religion, but as long as its followers are happy and free to follow their own free will without any church interference or "pressure", more power to 'em. Everyone has their own path - may they find what they need on theirs.

When religions start pressuring or bullying or getting all defensive, though, quite a few warning flags go up. It's one thing to go in knowing the facts, it's quite another to have those same facts swept away or whitewashed or otherwise lied about. Spirituality and lying just don't mix well in my belief system. All I know is, I certainly wouldn't want to have anything to do with anyone, especially anyone religious, who doesn't appreciate good old fashioned complete honesty. After all, what would God have to hide? And why would God need some human to help hide it??

(Oh, I could give a rat's rear about appearing 'righteous' or whatever - bleh - it's all just labels. And, I don't have any skeletons in my closets. I brought them all out and settled them nicely in my livingroom for tea and crumpets a long time ago. Very comfortable with them there - they all remind me of where I came from and how I became who I am.)

May we all find what we need.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (2)