It is a hoax... but an interesting one

rudenski Views: 6,833
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 430,333

It is a hoax... but an interesting one

if you haven't seen it, the evidence is that a GURPS role playing
game from the mid nineties has an almost identical plot to John's
future - even the dates. The link for the rpg site is down now. But it
seems to confirm beyond reasonable doubt that it is a hoax.

read about this story this morning and can't believe how long this story has went without being discredited.
John Titor's time machine is a 1950's vintage Civil Defense Set, used in fallout shelters to detect radiation in the air and on people. In one of the photo's of the "time machine" John has pulled the CDV 700 series radiac used for personnel from the container, you can clearly see the Civil Defense Logo on the side of the meter. The metal box that houses the set also contains an air monitor that checks for Tritium and or Neutron radiation. The schematics are for the air monitor that used Ion Mobility Spectrometry or scintillation to detect radiation.
These kits can be purchased at military surplus stores for pocket change, or even found at old fallout shelters.

Cliff

Darby,

I fully concur with your source. The folks in my office HDER (Homeland Defense Equipment Reutilization) also concur. I am currently looking for a manual for this type of monitor. They were state of the art in the 1960's and very few were ever made. They were difficult and dangerous to operate as they used compressed carrier gases to monitor the atmosphere. Most likely because of the expense they were reserved for shelters that would house high profile individuals. I have e-mailed a few of my friends who specialize in radiological and chemical monitoring to see if they can remember the nomenclature of this monitor. I will let you know when I hear from them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)