CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: accutane, what a crock

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Turmeric Bowel Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Views: 17,498
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 423,174

Re: accutane, what a crock

The side effects may not have been listed on the package. It depends on the YEAR you were prescribed the drug.

The number of side effects listed on the package since 2001 are far more than those listed when the drug first came out and are only on the package due to the number of injury complaints filed with the FDA since Accutane's release in the 1982.

"The risks associated with taking Accutane are so great that the FDA has taken the remarkable step of requiring each dose of Accutane to come with a Medguide, listing these side effects (the only other drugs to ever require a Medguide are Thalidomide and Mifeprex [mifepristone]).

The following are quotes directly from the FDA Medguide:
symptoms [of Accutane usage] may mean that your internal organs are being damaged. These organs include the liver, pancreas, bowel (intestines), and esophagus (connection between mouth and stomach). If your organs are damaged, they may not get better even after you stop taking Accutane. "

Additional risks associated with Accutane:

"While the risk of significant (and often life-threatening) psychological problems and serious birth defects are clearly two of the most serious potential Accutane-related risks, there are many more possible side effects which are also specifically listed in the warning that accompanies all Accutane prescriptions. These other risks, some of which were mentioned earlier, include ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disorder, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, central nervous system injuries, bone and muscle loss, cardiovascular injuries, liver and kidney damage, pancreatitis, immune system disorder, lupus, hearing and vision damage, and thyroid disorders."

Had these words of warning been there when my dermatologist prescribed it, I would never have taken it. I was a healthy energic, fairly happy person until Accutane. My only health complaint was the redness of my complexion and the frequent breakouts. My dermatologist presented Accutane as a type of nutraceutical since it is derived from vitamin A. I was warned about the risk of hydrocephaly to a fetus if I were to get preganct while taking Accutane. I was assured that Accutane was perfectly safe unless one was pregnant. I took the lowest dose for four weeks and nearly died from it. When I stopped taking it and reported the side effects to my MD, I was informed that Accutane is like chemotherapy and I would just have to put up with the side effects to get the benefits. I refused to take any more Accutane and was told not to return to her office. She offered me no help for the damage done.

My side effects included:
chronic fatigue
muscle weakness
bone loss
depression
severe constipation
loss of vision
"brain fog"
hair loss
dry cracking skin
heart palpitations
anxiety attacks
blood Sugar instability
low thyroid
weight gain
post - accutane infertility

On my fourth week of Accutane, I woke up in the middle of the night with an anxiety attack, feeling that my heart was too tired to pump and my diaphragm too tired to breath. I kept telling them "pump, breathe, pump, breathe" trying to will them into functioning until I finally fell asleep.

That was several years ago. That was the last time, and will be the last time, that I ever take a pharmaceutical drug. I've been able to allieviate some of the side effects through a decade of ayurveda, bowel & kidney cleanses and liver flushes. I still have a long way to go but at least I AM getting better.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)