CureZone   Log On   Join
Re:My teen daughter just started it!

Views: 12,772
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 423,170

Re:My teen daughter just started it!

I am writing this because I am very concerned for your daughter. I had never had an acne, but suddenly developed a severe case of adult Acne when I was 24. I tried everything, but nothing worked so in desperation, tried the Accutane. It worked for the acne, but I have had health problems ever since. Was in really good health prior to taking this drug.

Since taking Accutane, I have had chronic urinary tract and kidney infections (started while I was on Accutane). Nine years after taking Accutane had to have my gallbladder removed. Last year, began having symptoms that are consistant with fibromyalgia and MS (sever muscle & joint paint, numbness & tingling in limbs, temporary loss of feeling/use in limbs). Doctors are still trying to decide between fibromyalgia and MS. The doctors will tell you there is not likely a connection between Accutane and these diseases, but they don't really know what causes either of these diseases. And, in researching fibromyalgia on the web, I found an alarming number of posts from people who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia who have also taken Accutane.

I can't tell you what to do, and I have empathy for your daughter. It is so hard on your self-esteem to have severe acne, but it is even harder to have your quality of life taken away. It is often very difficult to do some of life's most basic tasks.

I did not write this to scare you, but to give you more information than I had. I too have children and I never wan't them to experience what I am dealing with. I didn't even know until recently, mainly because Doctors dismiss it, that a connection between Accutane and many fibromyalgia cases even existed. God bless your daughter.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)