CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: All their cracked up to be? Yes for me! :)

thaddeus Views: 4,689
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 396,428

Re: All their cracked up to be? Yes for me! :)

Some things to consider… There are many forms of metal detox and sauna will not get into deep tissue cleansing regardless of infrared or not. Unless you have your fillings removed you will continue to poison yourself regardless and most of that is buried deep inside tissues anyway. Try chlorella, it's the best supplement around for that and clay baths designed for heavy metal detox. I also heard cilantro is very good too. The dry skin issue will be more pronounced in a infra-red sauna. I have never experienced dry skin like I do with infra-red.

Many forms of treatments can be attributed to the results you speak of. I was merely stating that standard hot water therapies have been used for centuries to good effect. Infra-red has it's uses but is not a cure-all and I personally have more fun and feel better when I can employ a range of these therapies in a health club. You can't emulate sauna, steam, whirlpool and swimming pool at home. In my years of sauna experiences I don't recognize any superiority of infra-red over steam in curing anything and/or making one feel any better. I feel good after any hot-water therapy. It's a big stretch to state that you will get so much more out of infra-red than steam just because of all the health literature. Same goes for those water ionizers, another fad of the same timeframe. I had the best one made(supposedly) and it is not anything special. The best water I have ever drunk comes from either prill beads and/or cosmic energy stones(www.glnus.com) made with distilled water and it’s cheap! I drink about 1.5-2 gallons daily.

I would bet that you would have the same enthusiasm for all hot water therapies and in the end would reach the same conclusions. I have no axe to grind, just some real-life experiences that I don't really think it's worth it to purchase anything at that magnitude when a better experience can be had cheaper. Also, you don't have to worry about changing technologies and being obsolete when the next new fad comes along.

Long distance runners have been known to perspire out heavy metal toxins because of training but they still get the same diseases as everyone else, unless of course you do what they say at curezone. There isn’t anything you have stated health wise that cannot be experienced with steam sauna or hot therapies in general. I’m glad you enjoy your infra-red sauna but it’s no cure-all and I would rather be wet-steamed then broiled.

There are centuries of a proven track record for hot-water therapies and a mere decade at best for infra-red. It’s amazing how revving up the marketing machine can distort reality. I’m not at all saying that your doing that(others have) but until I see something other than a re-sellers claims supplied by the manufacturer I am a skeptic. Having real-life experience comparing the two, I would recommend not buying one. Besides, you can also purchase home steam saunas too, so why is it that you hear so much about infra-red? Because it’s new, exciting and a vendor can make a lot of money off it. The steam sauna guys that I talked too just laughed when I suggested I was buying one, they were right and I was wrong. Besides this whole weight loss attributed to sauna is poppy-cock. I have never lost an ounce this way, it always comes back because the more I sweat the more I eat and drink, from a weight standpoint, net sum zero. It's like it used to be when I ran long-distance, never lost an ounce but could eat like a pig.

There is no evidence that infra-red is any better at anything except lining the pockets of vendors. It's easy to find holes in some of these theories. For example, you state that it's 10 to 1 in favor of infra-red as far as toxins are concerned. What difference does it make if a person keeps polluting themselves? What about a person that has achieved a balance and the same amount of surface toxins would be released regardless of steam or infra-red? Do all the pro teams use them for injuries? I think the public(myself included) is easily duped by these claims. I have just learned after being burned by ridiculous claims to be very skeptical. In fact most benefits claimed by infra-red are the same ones claimed by steam sauna, why is that? Yes, I agree that it's exciting to discover that in a certain micron range you can have the same benefits as the sun in a box at home - but is it really true or just sounds good. Sweat is sweat, heat is heat. If too much sun is not good then when is too much infra-red not good? No one really knows, the vendors just tell you the exciting stuff you want to hear. And do you really trust those infra-red heaters to be in a specific micron range? What happens when they get old or malfunction, what range are they in then? How do you know there safe and effective then? Hot rocks and water make steam, it’s not rocket Science but safe.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (3)