CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Zapper harmonic frequencies

ParaZapper Views: 4,689
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 390,822

Re: Zapper harmonic frequencies

>- I posted this in the Zapper Support Forum , because that is the first forum I found related to Zappers, and got spanked for being a Troll.

I do not understand why this was bounced and also why some of the other posts have not been.

>- how there is no energy whatsoever at most parasite frequencies?

While I did not do any spectral analysis at first, being trained as to what to look for on an oscilloscope I could see that there were serious limitations. Our more expensive models have additional frequency compensation built in that helps a lot. Also this has a lot to do with the specific chip that is used.

>- And another thing... The output from a symmetrical square wave oscillator circuit, such as the that on the Zapperplans website, has *half* the harmonics of the output from the "traditional" 555 circuit (if they are both running at 30KHz or so). Anybody want to discuss this?

You are absolutely correct, the square wave is composed only of the odd harmonics of the fundamental frequency. For this reason, the harmonics of a 30 kHz zapper are 60 kHz apart and this is one reason that it does not always work. If the resonant frequency of a parasite is at one of the harmonics, then it will be killed quickly and easily. If it is somewhere in between the harmonics, the chances of killing it are reduced.

This is one reason that we provide both 2.5 kHz and 30 kHz frequencies in our zappers. This is one reason why ParaZapper is the most requested zapper brand on the internet for almost 1 year straight.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)