CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: hang on a sec!

Views: 2,831
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 372,658

Re: hang on a sec!

I very much appreciate your thoughts. I have only had one lover over the duration of the last 7 years and a 16 year marriage (to a man who was almost asexual) before that so I know that this is not about promiscuity.

I am beginning to think that I am having an allergic reaction to histamine. I have been taking a high dosage of systemic (proteolytic) enzymes for nearly a month as well as eating a lot of foods high in histamine. The generalized nature of the raised itchy skin patches and the fact that they do not look like the one or two isolated herpes I have had in the genital region previously are beginning to lead me to a different conclusion.

It really doesn't make sense that I would be having an epic herpes attack considering that I have cut down my Sugar intake from moderate to virtually none for the last six months and I have not been drinking any coffee for almost 8 months. Prior to that I have been a health enthusiast for at least 20 years - never a vegan but always refining up from organic whole foods, high in antioxidants, omega 3's and so forth. I have been doing cleanses on an as needed basis for most of my adult life. I am not at the level of a raw foodist because I am not at the point where I can let my diet be my highest priority - but it is close enough to interfere.

About a month ago I invested in a large array of high quality systemic enzymes and began taking them in the interest of clearing out accumulated fibrin from my circulatory system. I have been taking them at a high dosage level as recommended to reach "activation" after which one should drop off to a smaller maintenance dose. I did not have a particular health problem and so there was no symptom that I could observe for "activation". Right now I am wondering if I may have liberated a bit too much material too fast or what. I also just read an article about a relationship between "protease" enzymes and pruritis (itchy skin).*See below.

I have stopped taking the enzymes for a day and a half but recently took one only as a digestive enzyme with a meal. Shortly afterwards I noticed that I was feeling itchy again in most of the areas which are affected.

I will post more as this situation clarifies itself.

Scientists itching to know more about pesky pruritusIn the great pantry of medical complaints, pity the itch. Itching lacks flair. It has no celebrity spokesman. It is often dismissed by non-itchers, up to the point of abject ridicule. (We mean you, Itchy and Scratchy fans.)
The full article will be available on the Web for a limited time:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/living/health/13220976.htm

(c) 2005 Philadelphia Inquirer and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.

If I had much faith in doctors to do much besides scare me and drug me I might go see one.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.137 sec, (2)