CureZone   Log On   Join
dry hair: to Kavita

turquoise Views: 2,930
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 368,050

dry hair: to Kavita

You're welcome, Kavita! I don't know if I have more knowledge than you; I have just been experimenting for 52 years! My recipe is approximate, but here goes. This is my deep conditioner, which I use once a week or every other week:

I usually make two bottles, regular size conditioner bottles. In each bottle, I put:

approx. 1/4 bottle strengthening conditioner
approx. 1/4 bottle softening conditioner
1/8 to 1/4 cup avocado oil
and fill the rest with coconut milk: (I make my own which is fairly watery (just pour boiling water over unsweetened flaked coconut and let sit for a couple of hours, then strain, good for food recipes, too), but canned will do just as well for hair, maybe better.
The main idea is for the mixture to be watery enough to put on dry hair; you might have to add a dash of water. I just shake well, and then freeze, since it has coconut milk, so as not to get rancid, and to have extra for later. I'm sure this could work with other kinds of oil, if your hair is not as coarse as mine. It gets more coarse when more white comes in. Then I just wrap it in a towel, and wash after about 3-8 hours; usually takes about 3 lathers. I did try the Mane 'n Tail shampoo, which my hairdresser cousin recommended, deep conditioning kind, and liked it; hope it doesn't have the silicone in it. It didn't seem to soften much, but I have more body. I keep changing shampoos, and mixing them. I like to create. I've read that some models leave conditioner on their hair the whole weekend!

For daily conditioner, I just mix half and half regular conditioners as above, with no coconut milk, but just a drop of avocado oil, which keeps it relatively soft in between deep conditioning.

Hope this helps. I've been to the windy city; had a great time! Hope to hear from you again, Kavita! Please let me know if you find any other ideas, and how this works for you.

Julie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)