CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Inversion therapy helps reposition internal organs/hip traction

JMRN Views: 16,378
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 363,665

Re: Inversion therapy helps reposition internal organs/hip traction

Also if I may, I would like to add if you have an arthritic hip that is bothering you we all know how good stretching can make it feel. Those tight hip flexors and groin muscles are tight from sitting to much. Try this on the inversion table. Instead of placing two feet into the ankle slots only place the one foot on the bad hip side,and lock in. Invert hanging by one leg! This technique applies "traction" to the disfunctional hip for a long and steady stretch. Then allow the free leg to hang off the side of the table and you will increase the stretch in the groin and hip or bring the free leg knee to your chest and pull toward your chest with both hands just below the knee. Now do this after you have become proficient in inverting and know what you are doing and make sure you have the stationary strap on. Traction to a joint can be a very theraputic modality if done correctly. Now the first few times you do this it will hurt alot at the ankle and the hip. It hurts at the ankle because you are after all hanging by one foot that is locked in place. The hip stretch will be slightly painful at first depending on how bad your hip is in the first place and how badly those muscles need stretching. Go slow at first and have someone with you the first few times. After a few times it will feel good to get on your table and stretch your hips. After you do the bad hip do your good hip to keep things even on both sides. Just go slow and please dont hurt yourself and have someone with you till you get good and then you can do it alone anytime you wish. Let me know if you need help doing this. Sincerely, JM from Dallas.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)