CureZone   Log On   Join
Doxycycline uses in parasitic infections

mattk3 Views: 3,191
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,427,781

Doxycycline works on the DNA of some species of Pathogens. Replication for parasites can be impeded in some cases.

In the early days, I advised a challenge startup of a few weeks to a month, to gauge reaction. I had one.
Single dose daily.

Several reported a reaction, if there was a reaction, longer courses seemed logical.

If one challenge tests Doxy, and there is no reaction, it is logical to say the need is not obvious.
parasite infections sometimes pose situations, where continued dosing may not be logical, but is indicated by the formula or protocol.
That is to say, if it suppresses female egg production, or other characteristic, one may not have a reaction you notice, but if it is in the formula, one should consider its use.

Doxy is part of several formulas of ICU, Sharkman, and others.
I advise from my experience, that if a formula uses Doxy, you should use it.

I am not aware of any glaring reactions to the med Doxy itself, that are "adverse", nor do I recall anyone ever telling me they had a bad reaction from the Doxy, that was not ascribed to the parasite infection.

It is not an Antibiotic of the typical kind, it may affect some good bacteria profiles, but I have not found that significant.
Doxy can help lower systemic bacterial issues. This makes a lot of larger parasite infections, and systemic infections easier to deal with, when the worms have less bacteria in their gut.

During Ascaris treatment, I used it once a week, along with Mebendazole, to clear the system of the microbes and pathogens that come out from dying large worms during prolonged kills.

Later on, as part of a filarial protocol, I found it helpful in clearing out a somewhat complicated threadworm situation.

These thin guys, are like threads, you seldom feel them, except at either end a touch of wiggle, or bite.

Since these guys go anywhere, can pain under EO applied externally, or leave in a hurry, it is difficult sometimes to identify the species.

I also believe Doxy helps with small and large strongyles, but not as much as thyme, oregano, pine needle.

So I did an extended dose of Doxy, Never did one before, even when clearing my strongyloides infection.

I was searching to eliminate any filarial infection, that I suspected.

Using DEC and Doxy, at quite a level, and quite a time length would wipe the infection.

Indeed, I felt the complicated threadworm population decrease, as though I was less one worm. I did Doxy Daily at higher levels for months before stopping.

It is known to interfere with some minor human processes, but most of these concerns are always secondary to stopping the damage parasites cause.

So, short, pulsed, or long term patterns, Doxy has uses in various phases of parasite cleaning.

It is tough to know what kind of dosing is appropriate sometimes.

I think, when it is part of a protocol, one just does the pattern of dosing suggested, when in that context, it makes sense.

For heart worm infections is considered one of the primary meds.

For filarial species, eye worms, it is considered one of the primary meds, even over antiparasitic meds in importance.

It is known to lower bacteria in small parasites, like those thought to be involved with Lyme.

For pathogens like trypanosomes, White worms like hook, Toxo, Ascaris, Ascarids, Filarials, Reds like Strongyloides, Strongyles, it lowers their gut bacteria.

Each one may have its pattern of pulsed dosing.

Daily Yogurt is a habit for life, to keep balance of Lacto Bifido bacteria in GI.

Many find that antifungal substances are also useful, in keeping parasite guts clean.

A healthy parasite has less energy, and is easier to kill.

People sometimes ask me, what is the dose?
My answer is:

If you have never been on it, try a week or month as a challenge test at 100mg.

Many formulas call out for twice per day, so 200mg. For persons that weigh 50 kgs, this may be an issue.

I just did a filarial run at 400mg per day, twice the suggested maximum, for 3 months, 100kgs. I consider this an extreme level, weighing the risk of the med vs the risk of a complicated removal of a single pathogen. I decided to test the highest level that could possibly make sense.

So daily 100 or 200mg as the formula or protocol calls for.

Weekly single dose 100mg for long term systemic cleaning.

Some may find it useful in a maintenance role as well, where challenges are done every 3 months, 6 months, or a year in length, just to make sure nothing emerges.

Doxy has a life expiration date that is short. Never use old Doxy, the medicine turns toxic. Keep it cool.

Sun exposure may cause a reaction and lowering of strength of Doxy in the body.

Lyme infected persons have suggested to me that a pattern of dosing seems to help, in the long term.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.195 sec, (3)