CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dealing with old, encrusted mucous in the sinuses

iandthou Views: 1,235
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,377,034

Re: Dealing with old, encrusted mucous in the sinuses

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean that I should take 1 tsp water per day in addition to what I take in food - which is about 1 tsp?

Or do you mean I should add 1 tsp more every day - so 2 tsp on day 2, 3 tsp on day 3, etcetra?

I've tried the first for about a month last year but it didn't seem to have an effect. I did the maths again - I am 123 pounds, so that means I should take about 62 ounces of water a day, which is a little less than 2 litres. Since yesterday, I fill two 1 litre bottles of water in the morning, add one teaspoon salt to them and drink them through the day gradually. I feel more thirsty.

I read that it's better to take salt into your mouth rather than in the water that you drink. It'll be absorbed better. So I'll try doing this from tomorrow, although carrying around salt is a bit difficult.

Could you say how exactly hydrating the sinuses will 'melt' the encrusted mucous?
I wonder if the hydration will affect the mucous or will only moisten the inner walls of the sinuses.

Regarding radish/carrot/beet juice and lemon juice, I'll go slowly before I try starting again. I did both for a month or two last year, and they didn't seem to help, and given I Was doing so many other things, apart from full time work, I stopped soon. I don't want to start things that I will not be able to give enough time to.

How long do you think one should wait before one knows if any of these - water, juices, etcetra is helping? 2 months?

I wonder if the nasal irrigation plus a year on a high raw diet - and I am a vata - made the dry mucous condition chronic. It started 10 years ago when I did a lot of nasal irrigation. It got really worse one and a half years ago when I had been on a high raw diet for about 10 months, which I gave up a couple of months later.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)