CureZone   Log On   Join
Dealing with old, encrusted mucous in the sinuses

iandthou Views: 1,184
Published: 7 y

Dealing with old, encrusted mucous in the sinuses

I suffer from stiffness in the muscles of my face, particularly around my left eye. This has been so for the last one and a half years.

A few months ago I started consulting an ayuverdic doctor whose medicines are helping me slowly. He says that the cause is hard, encrusted mucous in the sinus passages, which inflames the sinuses, which further affect the muscle and nerve structure in the face. His treatment is aimed at moistening and softening the mucous so that it can exit the sinuses.

This theory makes sense to me and I am wondering if there are other things that can be done to work on old, encrusted pieces of mucous in the sinuses?

I've tried nasal irrigation with probiotics, shampoo. I've also tried steam with essential oils, and regular decongestant sprays and pills. None of these helped except temporarily. I've also worked on taking care of my diet, cutting out dairy and minimising grains, and also done quite a few Bowel Cleanses with enemas, colonics, colosan and oleation.

In fact, I suspect that these problems began when, about a decade ago, I tried to deal with my more overt, moist sinus congestion with daily nasal irrigation with water, everyday for a month or two. This, from what I have read now, might have dried out the mucous lining of the sinuses and the nasal passage, and thus made some of the mucous stick in deep spaces and dry up. Over the years, the problem has magnified to where it is now.

I wonder if there are any herbs or procedures that may help bring out this old encrusted mucous.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)