It's probably not just bromide you're detoxing. It could be heavy metals. It could be candida dying. And other stuff that happens when your body is cleaning up.
Depending on the body's toxicity and nutrient status, every body gets different reactions to iodine.
In my case it was copper toxicity that I inherited from my mom. This was exacerbated by a lot of stress in my life. Also when I was about 7 I played with mercury from a broken thermometer. And also the vaccinations I had as a child probably did more harm than good (if any) because my body was compromised by the copper toxicity. Copper toxicity lowers zinc which then allows the body to accumulate all kinds of toxins. Copper toxicity also ruins vitamin C. It raises estrogen...
Try to think back and figure out what you've been exposed to. And then asses your nutrient status. What is lacking?