CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Stronglyoides

stillbattling Views: 7,835
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,261,421

Re: Stronglyoides

I tested positive on Quest Diagnostics Strongyloides AB IGG. This test did not have stages. I'm not sure if this is an Elisa or not. I received the test because I requested it from my OB/GYN. He knew nothing about it, just ordered it. I had already been self-medicating for 1-1/2 years at the time of this test.

My main doctor totally dismissed this test as meaning nothing. She refused to refer me to anyone, even though I have been complaining of worms to her for 2 years.

When I got the results, I mailed a copy to my pulmonologist, gastroenterologist and dermatologist with a nice little note. All believed I was DOP and had convinced my main doctor of this, too.

In the beginning of my treatment, an MD specializing in lyme prescribed a lot of albenza and alinia. I have not had any treatments for lyme and don't really feel I have it. At the time I was not digesting or absorbing many nutrients, so these expensive meds were pretty much wasted.

I have been self-medicating for 1-1/2 years following ICU's protocols in the early months. I've been on primarily ivermectin this year as it works better for me than albenza. The ivermectin dosage that works for me is higher than the normal horse dose by weight. I've taken many different drugs, some from overseas.

I'm not sure the stage I was in, but believe it was high. In addition, I had other helminthes plus 2 kinds of mites. I was in BIG TROUBLE and to be truthful, I feel lucky to be alive.

I am no longer miserable and have gained all the weight and some of the muscle back. But, I'm still on vet meds and might be for life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)